This simple, spicy vegan penne alla vodka sauce is my absolute favorite pasta sauce! And there’s no butter or heavy cream required for a totally comforting meal, with some added heat, which really gives this recipe dimension.
Note: this vegan penne alla vodka sauce recipe was adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks, Chloe Flavor. Chloe Coscarelli is a nationally-renowned and award-winning vegan chef (she won Cupcake Wars!) with a beautiful spirit to boot, and I couldn’t recommend Chloe Flavor more highly. My version of this recipe has more heat and less sweet. I also use penne pasta instead of rigatoni, and I recommend the best way to soften the cashews, optional add-ins, and specific brands of ingredients.
How to Make Spicy Vegan Penna alla Vodka Sauce
This easy, spicy vegan penne alla vodka sauce recipe is my go-to pasta recipe for a comforting home-cooked meal. I hope you enjoy the added kick of spice as much as I do!
SHOP THE RECIPE
As a reminder, you can quickly and easily shop my top picks for the ingredients for this recipe online:
- Banza pasta: for the protein an gluten-free benefits of chickpea flour. I also just really like the soft texture of this pasta even more than “regular” pasta.
- DiBruno Brothers Sicilian Olive Oil: from Philadelphia’s Italian Market. It’s a best-selling, high-quality oil that really does make a difference.
- San Marzano brand tomatoes: which is the closest to what the freshest of tomatoes really taste like in Italy. It’s totally worth the extra money!
Related Vegan Cookbook Recommendation
Also, since this is a blog “where books meet lifestyle,” as mentioned earlier, I am pairing this recipe with one of my favorite cookbooks, Chloe Flavor (from which this recipe was adapted), which is one of my absolute favorite vegan cookbooks. Chloe is is a vegan superstar who draws lines out the door at her restaurants and events.
Related Vegan Recipe Posts
And if you enjoy vegan food, check out more of my simple vegan recipes:
- Philly “cheesesteaks“
- Spring Pasta with lemon, asparagus, peas & mushrooms
- 15 minute chocolate chip cookies
- Banana oat bars with blueberries and walnuts
- Broccoli cheese soup
- Apple cranberry crisp with oatmeal topping
- “Shrimp” and grits
- Creamy tortellini soup recipe
- Quick one pot red beans and rice
- 12+ quick vegan meals for dinner or lunch
- Roasted cauliflower & leek soup
- Vegetable casserole with baked veggies
- Pasta primavera with red sauce
Lastly, pin this vegan penne alla vodka sauce recipe to Pinterest because you can refer back to it later.