This review of Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers breaks down all the details about the ballet flats by the popular sustainable shoe brand.
My review of Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers discusses sustainability, price, colors and sizing, as well as my personal thoughts about the ballet flats from my own experience. Then, I answer frequently asked questions, like Allbirds vs. Rothy’s, how to wash them, and whether they stretch. Lastly, I help you answer the question whether they are “worth it” for you.
Review of Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers Flats
I asked my husband to buy me Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers for Christmas in 2019, and he delivered! I was interested in them because I was already a fan of competitors’ shoes and just wanted to see what they were all about.
I was particularly interested in these sustainable details:
- Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers are made with proprietary eucalyptus tree fiber knit that feels breathable and cool.
- The rubbery, bouncy outer sole is made from Brazilian sugarcane called SweetFoam™, which is made with the world’s first carbon-negative green EVA.
- The insoles are made of layered castor bean oil, which emits less carbon than petroleum-based foam, and ZQ Merino wool for a soft, warm, moisture-wicking, and odor-reducing insole.
- They use recycled packaging.
- Through Soles4Souls®, lightly used Allbirds are donated around the world.
I thought the $95 price point was very fair compared to competitors, which cost $100-$200.
Buying Tip: I have never seen a sale on Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers. So, if you really want them, just buy them! It’s unlikely you will see a sale anytime soon.
See the different colors in action in the quick video below:
I like the following neutral colors best because they are the most versatile:
I also selected my usual size, and they fit me well.
And when I actually put my Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers on, I still remember telling him I never wanted to take them off. They are just that soft, warm and comfortable. If I could stress just one feature, it’s the warmth. They feel like you are wearing socks with really cushiony soles. Over one and a half years later, they are still the warmest shoes I own, including my slippers. I love wearing them both inside and outside, and in the house or on the go. I’ve also never experienced any blisters or discomfort.
At the time of posting, there are 250+ 4.5 star reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions About Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers
Allbirds Tree Breezers v. Rothy’s
- Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers have cushioning in the sole, as well as a wool lining to keep your feet warm, and Rothy’s have neither.
- Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers run more true to size, whereas Rothy’s run small.
- Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers come in one style (a ballet flat), and Rothy’s comes in several styles (ballet flat, loafer, pointy, etc.).
- Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers cost much less at $95, while Rothy’s cost $125-165 per pair.
My pick: All things considered, I prefer my Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers over my Rothy’s. I like them both, but the extra cushioning and warm lining in the sole of the Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers has won me over. As mentioned earlier, it’s like wearing socks without actually wearing socks. They are the warmest shoes I own, and that’s really important to me because I am always cold. I also find the fit of the Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers to be better and more accommodating.
Allbirds Tree Breezers Sizing and Fit
Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers generally run true to size, in my opinion. If you are between sizes or have a wider foot, however, I recommend sizing up.
How to Wash Allbirds Tree Breezers
Pull out the insoles. Put your Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers in a delicates bag and wash them on gentle with a mild detergent. Then, shake off any excess water and let them air dry.
Tips: Rest assured they will return to their original shape. If necessary, hand wash the insoles. Do not put your Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers in the dryer.
Do Allbirds Tree Breezers stretch?
No. I have worn my Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers for a year and a half now and, while they have more “give” than a standard shoe from Day 1, I have never experienced any stretching.
If you are between sizes, I recommend sizing up.
Are Allbirds Tree Breezers worth it?
It’s always hard to say whether a product is “worth it,” because it’s a very subjective question. I can say that I 100% believe Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers are worth it for me, particularly because they are so warm and cozy. They are the only shoes I wear around the house besides slippers, but I can also go out in them! I think they would also be worth it for you if you want warm, comfortable, sustainable flats under $100.
I think they may not be “worth it” for those with a very wide foot or those whose feet get too warm in wool.
That concludes my review of Allbirds Women’s Tree Breezers. Interested in learning more?
Shop my top picks: