This recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies produces cookies that are downright addictive, and they couldn’t be easier to make! As a bonus, they are gluten-free, as they are made with oats, and they have no oils and no sugar added.
It makes me feel soo good to indulge in a scrumptious dessert that has minimal ingredients and isn’t loaded with toxins and other potentially harmful ingredients. I am convinced you don’t need a ton of bells and whistles, just the right accompaniments, to do the trick when it comes to better eating.
Yes, these cookies are a dessert, but they also provide antioxidants and other nutritious benefits of oats, dark chocolate, tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon and walnuts.
And you definitely won’t be able to eat just one! I first created and tested this recipe when I could not find an old recipe I had for similar cookies that my husband, quite honestly, didn’t really like. I had no baking powder or flour on hand thanks to the Coronavirus quarantine, but still wanted to give us a sweet after-dinner treat, so I considered this to be a creative experiment.
As such, when I first crafted this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies, I warned my husband that he probably wouldn’t like these cookies, but he tested them out and remarked, “These are actually pretty good!” He then proceeded to have another…
I refined my original recipe one more time because we wanted them to be a bit chewier and less crumbly than the first batch (hence, the flax egg).
We were thrilled with the results. Tahini just makes everything better, doesn’t it?! I got my husband’s seal of approval, and these are now our go-to cookies.
This was surprisingly the easiest recipe creation process I have had! And the preparation is also as easy as it gets. Let’s get to it.
Best Ingredient Recommendations
- Enjoy Life chocolate chips: Our favorite dairy-free chocolate brand. It’s neither too bitter nor too sweet. It’s just perfect!
- Soom tahini: A popular women-owned small business based near me in Philadelphia and the choice tahini of James Beard’s best restaurant in the country a few years ago.
- Bob’s Red Mill flax meal: A trusted brand with which you can’t go wrong.
How to Make 15 Minute Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope this 15-minute recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies becomes a staple in your home as it has in mine.
Shop the Recipe
Related Vegan Recipe Posts
And if you like easy vegan recipes like this one, check out my recipes for:
- 15 minute vegan Philly cheesesteaks
- Spicy vegan penne alla vodka sauce pasta
- Simple mulled wine
- 5 minute red wine sangria
- Blueberry banana oatmeal bars
- Broccoli cheese soup
- Apple cranberry crisp with oatmeal topping
- Spring pasta
- Creamy tortellini soup
- Quick one pot red beans and rice
- 12+ quick vegan meals for dinner or lunch
- Roasted cauliflower & leek soup
- Vegetable casserole with baked veggies
- Pasta primavera with red sauce
Pin this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies to Pinterest because you can refer back to it when it’s time to bake!