This recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies produces cookies that are downright addictive, and they couldn’t be easier to make! As a bonus, they are gluten-free, as they are made with oats, and they have no oils and no sugar added.
It makes me feel soo good to indulge in a scrumptious dessert that has minimal ingredients and isn’t loaded with toxins and other potentially harmful ingredients. I am convinced you don’t need a ton of bells and whistles, just the right accompaniments, to do the trick when it comes to better eating.
Yes, these cookies are a dessert, but they also provide antioxidants and other nutritious benefits of oats, dark chocolate, tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon and walnuts.
And you definitely won’t be able to eat just one! I first created and tested this recipe when I could not find an old recipe I had for similar cookies that my husband, quite honestly, didn’t really like. I had no baking powder or flour on hand thanks to the Coronavirus quarantine, but still wanted to give us a sweet after-dinner treat, so I considered this to be a creative experiment.
As such, when I first crafted this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies, I warned my husband that he probably wouldn’t like these cookies, but he tested them out and remarked, “These are actually pretty good!” He then proceeded to have another…
I refined my original recipe one more time because we wanted them to be a bit chewier and less crumbly than the first batch (hence, the flax egg).
We were thrilled with the results. Tahini just makes everything better, doesn’t it?! I got my husband’s seal of approval, and these are now our go-to cookies.
This was surprisingly the easiest recipe creation process I have had! And the preparation is also as easy as it gets. Let’s get to it.
Best Ingredient Recommendations
- Enjoy Life chocolate chips: Our favorite dairy-free chocolate brand. It’s neither too bitter nor too sweet. It’s just perfect!
- Soom tahini: A popular women-owned small business based near me in Philadelphia and the choice tahini of James Beard’s best restaurant in the country a few years ago.
- Bob’s Red Mill flax meal: A trusted brand with which you can’t go wrong.
How to Make 15 Minute Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope this 15-minute recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies becomes a staple in your home as it has in mine.
Related Vegan Recipe Posts
And if you like easy vegan recipes like this one, check out my recipes for:
- 15 minute vegan Philly cheesesteaks
- Spicy vegan penne alla vodka sauce pasta
- Blueberry banana oatmeal bars
- Broccoli cheese soup
- Apple cranberry crisp with oatmeal topping
- Spring pasta
- Creamy tortellini soup
- Quick one pot red beans and rice
- 12+ quick vegan meals for dinner or lunch
- Roasted cauliflower & leek soup
- Vegetable casserole with baked veggies
- Pasta primavera with red sauce
Pin this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies to Pinterest because you can refer back to it when it’s time to bake!