These Ralph Lauren bedroom ideas will give your room a classic American style inspired by the famed designer.
I found Ralph Lauren to be the most iconic American designer for several decades, pulling from various important components of American culture to create his signature looks, from preppy polo, to casual western, modern coastal, and classic Americana.
I really wanted to pair his book with lifestyle in my own life! So, when we did finally purchase our new home, I knew I wanted it to be a “Ralph Lauren home.” One of the rooms I focused on to get this aesthetic was the bedroom, which was easy because Ralph Lauren actually sells his own bedding collection.
Ralph Lauren bedrooms can have a variety of styles, but as a generally preppy and classic person, I focused on the light blue and white color scheme mixed with dark wood styles. It’s not just classic, but it also mixes feminine and masculine well.
Below are some of the Ralph Lauren bedrooms that inspired my own interior design.
Some of the decorating ideas that stand out as common in these images include:
- blue and white
- sleigh beds
- a mix of dark and rustic wood
- chinoiserie (blue and white floral ceramics)
- framed images
- natural fibers
- greens and white flowers
(Those who love the coastal grandmother aesthetic will love these styles too!)
With all of that background in mind, let’s take a look at the finished product and explore my Ralph Lauren bedroom ideas.
Ralph Lauren Bedroom Ideas
Below are images and a video of my specific Ralph Lauren bedroom ideas, followed by links for and pictures of the products themselves, plus even more details about them.
Ralph Lauren Bedding
There are so many STUNNING Ralph Lauren bedding collections in blue, from crisp white linens with navy trim to feminine florals.
We selected the Ralph Lauren Graydon collection with chambray material (another Ralph Lauren staple), and light blue and tan stripes, as it felt less feminine to my husband. I went “all in” and purchased:
- The striped duvet cover (comforter option)
- The striped shams (standard / king)
- The chambray sheets
- The chambray quilt
Alternatively, you may want to check out:
- The Ralph Lauren “Gavin” collection, which is very similar, but darker and more masculine looking
- The Ralph Lauren “Ada” collection for beautiful light blue florals mixed with country-chic plaid
- The Ralph Lauren “Flora” collection, for dark blue and white florals juxtaposed with crisp white and navy-trimmed linens
- The Ralph Lauren “Eva” collection, for deep indigo and gray botanicals great for a coastal bedroom
- The Ralph Lauren “Joanna” collection, for a preppy Southern sky blue and white, feminine paisley-looking print
Ralph Lauren Rug
It’s expensive, but I was committed to buying high-quality rugs for my home, as I was constantly replacing cheap rugs in my prior home. I have owned it for about nine months now, and it’s been great. I’m hoping to have it for many, many years.
Alternatively, you may want to check out:
- The Ralph Lauren “Etienne” rug (8×10 / 9×12), which is similar in style to my rug but a darker blue
- The Ralph Lauren “Theresa” rug (8×10 / 9×12), which is similar in color to my rug but a more casual, geometric print
- The Ralph Lauren “Eleanora” rug (8×10 / 9×12), for a more solid-looking blue rug, which mixes shades of blue but doesn’t have a print
- This Arden Wool Area Rug In Navy/Brown/Light Beige, which is not from the Ralph Lauren brand, but matches the color scheme and is absolutely amazing in style, quality, and price (I have it in another room in my home.)
Other Ralph Lauren Style Bedroom Design
We shopped for our furniture at Ashley Home Store, and we were really pleased with the experience. The quality and prices are great, they deliver and put together the furniture for you, and they remove and replace any damaged or defective items.
We didn’t pick a sleigh bed exactly like Ralph Lauren’s style, but we chose a similar style with straighter lines, which I prefer. (Shop a similar style here.)
And to get that mixed wood look Ralph Lauren often showcases, I mixed in these specific Johnelle nightstands from Ashley.
I thought that lighting would be a great way to incorporate blue and white chinoiserie, and I selected these specific Charleson Home Amelie Floral 29″ Table Lamps Set from Wayfair. They make a great impact, but if you prefer smaller lamps, I also have these specific 22″ JONATHAN Y Penelope Chinoiserie Table Lamps Set from Target in another room and recommend them.
My custom monogrammed pillowcase is from Etsy.
Although flowy white curtains aren’t exactly a Ralph Lauren bedroom staple, I already owned and loved my Pottery Barn sheer rod pocket curtains (similar), so I used them to soften the room and bring in some natural fibers.
Lastly, in case you’re wondering what paint color we used, it’s Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray (a bestselling color; all-purpose silvery gray with relatively neutral undertones). We tried several of their grays, and we loved this one the best.
The trim, ceiling, and doors are the matching color Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace (a classic go-to white that elicits images of fresh cotton and pure silk).
To decorate, you may like these beautiful hydrangea home decor ideas.
Shop My Ralph Lauren Bedroom Ideas
Shop the exact Ralph Lauren bedroom ideas I used in my own bedroom below: