This is an all-inclusive J.Crew capsule wardrobe for SUMMER! It’s filled with bestsellers and must-haves for a classic and timeless preppy closet that will take you from this year through the next several years.
When I think of a J.Crew capsule wardrobe, I don’t think of a set group of items you buy together and then mix and match in a very minimalist wardrobe. I just think of seasonal staples — things that go with what you already have and things that will stay in style for years to come for those with preppy leanings. So, that’s the intent behind how I share these pieces.
I first came up with the idea for this J. Crew capsule wardrobe post when I analyzed my website data and realized readers were finding my blog with that search term. It made sense — it’s where I have bought most of my clothes since high school and what I share most often in my style posts.
This is a post I intend to update seasonally, so bookmark it and check back for new picks!
J.Crew Capsule Wardrobe for Summer
Shirts & Tops
- Every J.Crew capsule wardrobe needs a striped boatneck top. I can’t even count how many I have. The neckline is flattering, and the print looks good on everyone with jeans, pants, shorts… you name it!
- I’m a huge fan of this specific best-selling v neck tee shirt because they are affordable, lightweight, and super comfortable. I have several and wear them year-round, but you can stock up on 11 Spring colors.
- A blue linen oxford shirt is perfect for Summer layering or on its own and will never go out of style.
- And a gingham button-down shirt is a more modern piece of a J.Crew capsule wardrobe, but it has stayed relevant for several years now, and I don’t see it slowing down.
- A ringer tee also has a vintage, yet timeless, look.
Pants & Shorts
- Skinny white jeans will take you through labor day and can be paired with everything from sweaters to tanks.
- You may not have considered chambray pants or chambray shorts before, but they are so comfortable and casual all the way through Summer when it’s too hot for denim. Chambray has been a relevant fabric forever!
- Perhaps nothing says classic Summer more than chino shorts. They have been around for decades and are essential to every J.Crew capsule wardrobe.
- A J.Crew capsule wardrobe wouldn’t be complete without a striped tee shirt dress. They ooze casual comfort in a style that’s never changed.
- This bestselling white eyelet dress is a perfect choice for a classic minimalist wardrobe. The knit is ever eye-catching year after year and it can be paired with everything from neutrals to colors, prints and stand-out pieces.
- This bestselling button-front beach dress is stunning and can be worn over a swimsuit for years to come.
- I also adore this bestselling tiered dress. They are so comfortable yet chic, and I wear them all Summer long for the easiest classic look.
- These Capri leather flip flop sandals are a best seller for a reason. Every J. Crew capsule wardrobe needs flip flops, and leather will make these last longer and work for both casual and more dressy looks.
- Get Birkenstock’s for less with these Birkenstock Arizona EVA sandals (4 pretty colors!). They are less because of the material, which also makes them lightweight and waterproof for Summer versatility. I have worn these for years, especially to the beach.
- Slides are a go-to for any Summer look, especially when nothing else seems to work. I have shoes similar to these Capri vachetta leather slides and wear them year after year.
- Espadrilles are always in style, and these Seville espadrille wedges will enhance your Summer look yet still provide comfort, especially if you will be walking on the grass or sand.
- A rattan purse like this bestseller provides an interesting texture to any outfit and I can just about guarantee you will buy it once and wear it forever. Mine gets regular use year after year!
- This canvas camera bag is a timeless style in a timeless fabric. It’s both unique and classic.
- I’ve had my eye on a quality woven leather tote for a few years now, and this specific one has been selling like hotcakes. Wear it from Spring through early Fall.
- A classic canvas tote is forever. And it’s a staple of a J.Crew capsule wardrobe.
- Drop freshwater pearl earrings can be worn both casually and dressy. They provide such a feminine preppy touch.
- I also love a good tortoiseshell headband for a classic hair accessory, and this specific one is also very comfortable at a great price point.
- These door knocker earrings maintain a classic style because they are petite, and oh so pretty. Somehow they feel both understated and like a statement piece at the same time. I definitely have my eye on them.
- Turban headbands are trendy right now, but if you really want to maintain a timeless J.Crew capsule wardrobe, I recommend a unique fabric, so this natural raffia headband is ideal for Summer.
- Starfish make a fun, yet classic, shape for Summer jewelry, and these Starfish earrings are 14K gold plated.
Shop the J.Crew Capsule Wardrobe for Summer
Now you’ve seen the entire J.Crew Capsule wardrobe – Summer edit.