This is an all-inclusive J.Crew capsule wardrobe for HOLIDAY! It’s filled with bestsellers and must-haves for a classic and timeless preppy closet that will take you from this year through the next several years.
When I think of a J.Crew capsule wardrobe, I don’t think of a set group of items you buy together and then mix and match in a very minimalist wardrobe. I just think of seasonal staples — things that go with what you already have and things that will stay in style for years to come for those with preppy leanings. So, that’s the intent behind how I share these pieces.
I first came up with the idea for this J. Crew capsule wardrobe post when I analyzed my website data and realized readers were finding my blog with that search term. It made sense — it’s where I have bought most of my clothes since high school and what I share most often in my style posts.
This is a post I intend to update seasonally, so bookmark it and check back for new picks!
J.Crew Capsule Wardrobe for Holiday
It’s sweater weather!
- This cable v-neck sweater reminds me of sweaters I wore in the 90s… and are still relevant today! This one gets bonus points for being soft cashmere.
- I can’t imagine anyone NOT getting use out of a long, open sweater, and this cardigan is super soft yarn, which I have tried, and is definitely super soft!
- It’s no secret that I ADORE fair isle. It reminds me of classic Americana (though not originating in America). I easpecially love the neutral colorway on this fair isle sweater.
- I have several of these classic crewneck cashmere sweaters. Dress them up or down each year. This unique shade of dusty mint really caught my eye for Winter.
- Half-zips are really “in” right now, but the cable knit of this sweater makes it more timeless. It’s also made with super soft yarn.
- The rollneck sweater is also a classic J.Crew staple, and I love the yellowy shade of red it comes in this year that can be worn for holiday and beyond.
Shirts & Tops
- I have last year’s version of this tartan blouse, and gosh, I love it! Tartan is the most classic holiday print you can keep in your closet forever.
- I’ve also been wearing Swiss dots forever, and love how this blouse can be paired or layered with everything from jeans to sequins this holiday season.
- I debated whether this bow blouse was truly a capsule wardrobe item because it’s kind of specific in style, but I tend to think it’s both stunning and totally wearable in so many capacities. And I do still wear mine from several years ago!
- The tartan button down blouse is another holiday staple piece I wear each year and am confident you will too.
- I wore this buffalo plaid skirt in red last year and now want the green too because it’s so unique! Buffalo plaid is a timeless holiday print.
- These pointy toed crystal buckle flats remind me of those shoes Carrie Bradshaw wore several moons ago and are still relevant… but these are more comfortable.
- And small, block heels like these are an absolute must for me for standing through holiday gatherings all season long.
- Nothing says Christmas quite like new pajamas. J.Crew has seriously upped it’s game this year with this classic style in a new “Eco dreamiest” fabric. And the light blue shade reminds me of snow! I have already tried it and am hooked and plan on buying another pair. Extra stretchy and extra luxurious, hands down. I found them to be true to size, and I recommend sizing down if you are between sizes.
- I swear, these camp socks sell out every year, and then I am scrambling to stock up on them for under boots. A definite must…shop early!
- And Winter wouldn’t be Winter without a pom hat! I gave you classic options at two price points: J.Crew and J.Crew Factory.
Shop the J.Crew Capsule Wardrobe for Holiday
Now you’ve seen the entire J.Crew Capsule wardrobe – HOLIDAY edit.