If you want great art for your Frame TV but don't want to pay for it, these are my top hacks on how to get free art for the Samsung Frame TV and install it fast and easy (with 5 free digital downloads to get you started!).
What's so unique about the Samsung Frame TV as a smart TV in particular is that it's really thin and can be mounted completely flush onto a wall (with the "brains" of the TV being housed in a separate box elsewhere). So, when you set it to display digital art (with or without matting) on the screen in "art mode," it appears like a regular piece of art in a picture frame instead of a TV.
I personally bought two Samsung Frame TVs. The exact models I purchased are:
- SAMSUNG 43″ Class 4K (2160P) The Frame QLED Smart TV QN43LS03 2021
- SAMSUNG 32″ Class The Frame Full HD QLED Smart TV with HDR QN32LS03TBFXZA 2020
(And after we spent more time than I can properly quantify learning and implementing the best way to mount our Samsung Frame TVs, we created our very popular guide to installing the Samsung Frame TV.)
Once your Samsung Frame TV is hung in your home, you will definitely want to display artwork on it -- that's the whole point!
While you can buy beautiful art via Samsung's art store (around the price of $20 each) or even shop for a digital download for your Frame TV on Etsy, the purpose of this post is to teach you some easy tips on how to get free art for the Samsung Frame TV.
How to Get Free Art for the Samsung Frame TV
Four easy ways to get free art for the Samsung Frame TV are:
- Use free images from the Samsung art store;
- Use your own photos;
- Create your own digital images; and
- Search for and select art in the public domain.
Use Free Images From the Samsung Art Store
Navigate to the Samsung Art Store on the home screen of your Samsung Frame TV to find a small collection of free art to display.
Use Your Own Photos
Did you know you can use your own digital photos as art on your Samsung Frame TV?
I recommend using high-quality images so they don't appear pixelated, and then cropping and/or re-sizing them to fit the dimensions 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels, which is the proper size for art for the Samsung Frame TV.
I use Canva, but you can use any photo re-sizing software of your choice (like PicMonkey or Adobe.
Create your own Digital Images
You can also create your own images digitally in the software of your choice. Again, I personally use Canva to do this.
In Canva, I simply click "create a design," then enter the dimensions 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels. A bunch of seasonal templates then pop up. You can also search for templates or create an image with whatever words, images, and other images you choose.
As an example, I searched "welcome" and found this template in seconds. Feel free to download it and use it:
Of note, if you don't want a graphic like the one above, Canva also has tons of free photographs you can use. To create the image below, I set my dimensions, clicked "photos," searched "landscape," and picked a pretty one that popped up. Feel free to download it and use it:
Canva also has famous artwork available! I searched "Van Gogh" to find the popular "Starry Night" piece. Feel free to download it and use it:
Obtain Art in the Public Domain
Lastly, you can also search for artwork that is in the public domain.
(“Public domain” refers to creative materials that are not protected by intellectual property laws such as copyright, trademark, or patent laws.)
This is a great option if you are looking for something that looks like a painting. However, you can also get great, high quality photographs this way.
Below are 7 Places You Can Search for Art or Photographs in the Public Domain:
- Unsplash (my go to for high quality photos when doesn't have what I'm looking for)
- The National Gallery of Art
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Getty Museum
- The Smithsonian Institution
- The Barnes Foundation
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
Tip: When searching for artwork at museums, I like to filter to "paintings" only.
Once you download the public domain artwork you want, be sure to re-size it to 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels.
I used the above resources to find and create the below art for the Samsung Frame TV in a matter of minutes! Feel free to download it and use it:
How to Install Art on the Samsung Frame TV
Now that you know how to get free art for the Samsung Frame TV, let's talk about how to install it!
Note: You can also do this using Samsung's Smart Things app, but I find the app to be extremely glitchy, so I recommend a different way of installing art on the Samsung Frame TV below.
1. As discussed, first you will need to download art or a photo and crop/re-size it to 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels in Canva or another photo editing software. (In Canva, I simply click "create a design," then enter the dimensions 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels. Then, I upload my image and add it to the blank template.)
2. Save your photo to a thumb drive.
3. Insert the thumb drive into right side of the Samsung One Connect box for the Samsung Frame TV.
4. Turn the TV on and scroll to the "art" section on the home screen.
The photos on your thumb drive should pop right up. (For me, they are in the section "Ultra" under the tab "My Collection.")
5. Click "Save to My Photos" on the image(s) you want.
6. Scroll to "My Photos" and click the image you want until the TV says, "Set."
Under the photo, you can click "Mat" and choose your matting options.
7. You can also modify the brightness, color tone, etc., under "Settings" on the top right of the screen. I recommend toning down the brightness to get the art to look more real as opposed to digital.
Optional Step: Add a Deco TV Frame
The Deco TV Frame fits right on top of your Samsung Frame TV for easy installation and the most gorgeous appearance of ACTUAL artwork -- not a TV! We truly feel the Samsung Frame TV is simply not complete without a Deco TV Frame, and that it's worth every penny. It's something that *sparks joy* for us on a daily basis.
I mean, just look at the difference in these before and after photos:
Watch this one minute video to see exactly how easy it is to install and get a special offer:
Now you know how to get free art for the Samsung Frame TV plus how to install it! I hope you also enjoy the 5 free digital prints I provided above to get you started.
Related Samsung Frame TV Posts
If you loved this post related to the Samsung Frame TV, you will love these posts: