This Daisy Jones & the Six review gives you the details of this immensely unique and page-turning book about the rise and fall of a 70s rock band. And because this is a book pairings blog “where books meet lifestyle,” I have also provided some music, books and other recommended pairings for more like it.
Daisy Jones & The Six Review
- New York Times Bestseller
- Book of the Month Club’s Book of the Year 2019
- NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY NPR • The Washington Post • Esquire • Glamour • Real Simple • Good Housekeeping • Marie Claire • Parade • Paste • Shelf Awareness • BookRiot
Reese Witherspoon book club pick Daisy Jones & the Six is the brainchild of popular author Taylor Jenkins Reid, and it’s the story of the rise and fall of a 1970’s rock band, which was reminiscent to me of a band like Fleetwood Mac. The main questions posed to the reader are: How did they get together? And, why did they fall apart?
As one might imagine, there’s sex, drugs and rock and roll in this book. The story is told in a documentary, interview style with the band members.
Reid is skilled at creating characters that live and breathe, and this book makes the reader years to hear Daisy Jones and lead male vocalist Billie sing together just one time.
Daisy Jones & the Six is such a unique storyline and way of telling a story that will get all your creative juices flowing. The book even includes a full set of song lyrics!
Daisy Jones & The Six Audiobook
- Sara Arrington
- Jennifer Beals
- Arthur Bishop
- Fred Berman
- Benjamin Bratt
- Jonathan Davis
- Ari Fliakos
- Holter Graham
- Judy Greer
- January Lavoy
- Robinne Lee
- Peter Larkin
- Henry Leyva
- P.J. Ochlan
- Robert Petkoff
The large cast (including famous names) really bring this book to life.
Check the current price:
To accompany this review of Daisy Jones & the Six, check out the below recommendations.
Daisy Jones & The Six TV Show Series
A 13 episode Amazon TV series based on Daisy Jones & the Six was announced in 2018. In 2019, it was announced that Elvis Presley’s granddaughter, Riley Keough, would play Daisy Jones.
Daisy Jones & The Six Music & Songs
Listen to this curated Spotify playlist inspired by the book:
Fiction Books Like Daisy Jones & The Six
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jiminez: A lovable modern rom-com in which a young woman finds a dog, which happens to be owned by a rock star… then ends up developing feelings for him.
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby: A pop music junkie who runs a failing record store contemplates a second chance at romance.
- Perfect Tunes by Emily Gould: A young woman arrives in New York City’s East Village hoping to record her first album when she falls for a troubled musician. 15 years later, her teen daughter begins to ask questions about her father.
- The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan: An early 2000s pop music girl group reminisces the height of their fame and how it may have contributed to a group member’s suicide 20 years later.
- Watch Almost Famous!
- And if you haven’t already, you simply must Taylor Jenkins Reid’s other beloved books, including The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
I hope this Daisy Jones & the Six review inspired you to pick up this unique book and/or enjoy something inspired by it.
And if you liked this Daisy Jones & the Six review, sign up to receive The Literary Lifestyle emails for free. Each week, I’ll send you a FREE *cozy* email with themed book + lifestyle pairings to make your reading life easier & more fun. It’s like Reading Rainbow for women!
P.S. – When you subscribe, I’ll instantly send you all my bookish printable PDFs as a FREE BONUS.